Giving Back To The Community
At Premier Members CU we reflect the values of members like you to ensure success in your local schools and neighborhoods. Together, we provide our community with funds and volunteers to support initiatives of education, financial literacy and community giving.
- Education – Premier Members CU values education to empower our members and your community
- Community Engagement – Premier Members CU takes part in many community events and celebrations including the Westminster Faire, Broomfield Days, Rhythm on the River, Firestone Movies and Music in the Park and many more
- Financial Literacy – Premier Members wants you to succeed! That’s why we instruct a range of free financial literacy topics at local schools and in your home banking branch
Premier Members Credit Union is an Active Partner in our community
Premier Members CU believes strongly in the Credit Union philosophy of “People Helping People,” and we strive to be an active partner in our community. The Credit Union and its staff members donate both financial and volunteer support to local organizations and national charitable organizations.
We are an active member in several Chambers of Commerce. Through these relationships with local businesses, we are able to promote community growth and involvement.
Premier Members CU is a long-running supporter of the Boulder Valley School District schools, teachers, and students as well as the Boulder Community Hospital and Children’s Hospital. In addition to these long-standing relationships, PMCU sponsors and facilitates many other charitable events and organizations throughout the year.
To find out more about the Youth Programs that are available from Premier Members CU and other educational opportunities, please visit our Youth Products & Programs section.
Premier Members Gives Back to the Community
Giving back to the community:
Premier: Gives reflects the values of members like you to ensure success in your local schools and neighborhoods. Together, we provide our community with funds and volunteers to support initiatives of education, financial literacy and community giving.
At Premier Members CU, employees are attentive towards community needs. Each year, our employees volunteer their time and their paychecks to give back to your neighborhood schools, shelters and charities.
Thanks to a strong relationship with United Way, we place many Premier Members employee volunteers in your neighborhood to support community projects. Premier Members’ employees volunteer over 120 hours annually in your children’s classrooms, supporting them in financial education via Junior Achievement. Our partnership with Junior Achievement allows us to educate your children on financial matters, so they are prepared to succeed in their future.
In 2015, Premier Members featured numerous local charities at our open house events and gave over $1,500 to help support community causes. Premier members encourages employee volunteers to give back to the community.
In 2015, Premier: Gives sent 20+ employees into the community to volunteer for United Way and Junior Achievement. Committed more than 200 HOURS Volunteers also supported March of Dimes at their annual March for Babies In support of United Way, United Way Day of Caring, Junior Achievement.
Premier: Gives also provides seminars geared towards businesses and places many volunteers to support community projects.
At Premier Members, we design our own independent financial literacy curriculum with you in mind. The lessons are taught to both children and adults in classroom settings or hosted for you in our own facilities.
We also provide seminars geared towards your businesses on a host of topics.
Premier: Gives provides no-cost financial literacy in the classrooms of your neighborhood schools, reaching school-aged children through adults.
In addition to our partnership with Junior Achievement, Premier Members offers a variety of educational classes for students. We send volunteers into your school to conduct classroom sessions and custom-design student curriculum based on your specifications. In 2012 alone, Premier Members volunteered over 100 hours to teaching financial education classes at local schools.
Even if you are not a current student or educator, Premier Members can still help you with your business education needs. We conduct “lunch-n-learns” on sight at your office for your employees and offer a variety of free educational seminars to help support your business. We offer a range of topics from using social media, to learning Quickbooks and marketing in order to help you be more successful at work.
Premier: Gives is a proud supporter of United Way and its partner agencies. Last year, through its United Way employee giving program, Premier Members raised over $15,000 to support Foothills United Way.
- Mission: Since its inception in 2012, Premier: Gives has donated more than $132,000 and 1,000 volunteer hours to support areas of community education, financial literacy, and community basics. Together, we make our community better.
- Education: PMCU has rewarded more than $35,000 to local students seeking higher education via our annual scholarship, which supports our community’s high school students obtain their college degree. Find out more about our scholarship program.
- Financial Literacy: The program rewards more than 200 volunteer hours annually to support financial education programs in the classroom as well as Junior Achievement, helping our community succeed financially.
- Community Basics: Premier Members CU supports United Way via employee charitable workplace giving. To date, PMCU employees have given more than $55,000 to support our community’s needs.